Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What is worthwile, what is worthless?

The strength of a man consists in finding out the way God is going and going that way.  Henry Ward Beecher. 

God is going, and I am going--are we moving the in the same direction.  Purpose, will, direction--all themes of faithful living. 

Do I really care about the direction God is going?  I care about the destination:  reconciliation, but the direction takes me to people and places and situations and conversations and works that may not be on my chartered path.  Is reconciliation a desired path for my selfish feet to tread?   I want people and circumstances to reconcile with me, not the other way around.  What does traveling the reconciliation path look like anyway?

I have to let go of distraction and disappointment.  The distraction of laziness or pettiness.  The disappointment of not being in control, recognized/included or even pleased with an outcome.

So, what does that look like, where does that begin?   Pursuing the worthwhile and giving up the worth-less (that which is not worth holding onto). 

Off to a study group, more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Roswell, GA
Loves to find the answers to three questions of a sound Bible study: what does it say, what does it mean, what difference does it make?