Thursday, July 22, 2010

Looking Up and Pressing On


Not that I have already obtained all this or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." Philippians 3:12

It's one of my favorites, in that even surrounded by people and circumstances that are gifts, I have an excitement about the next step.   I don't really dream big, I am afraid, but I do look forward with enthusiasm.

Last night John and I took inventory of where we have been recently and where we want to go--with kids, money, each other, the house.  We talked about what was the wisest, most faithful option, opportunity and direction.   Frankly, it was fun. 

God really knows what the actual next steps will be, and I suspect a combination of joy and some sorrow, of sure steps and slip ups--but it's movement and that brings a wee bit of adrenaline and some focus.

To be sure, we are no one's definition of adventure seekers or bold risk takers but we are looking up and pressing on--confident of some good laughter and some good learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Roswell, GA
Loves to find the answers to three questions of a sound Bible study: what does it say, what does it mean, what difference does it make?