Thursday, April 29, 2010

Oh The Places You'll Go

No only a Dr. Seuss classic, but borrowed as a theme for my oldest's fifth grade graduation--also a classic of over celebration, but alas another post.   As I was running the ubiquitous errands around the best of big box Atlanta, I bumped into many neighbors and friends.  I was distracted that my appearance was exactly the same as it was at 7am when I drove said oldest to the bus stop--with the addition of clean teeth. 

What is behind the distraction?  Why did I not want to get caught in such a state, pretending to be in a hurry to finish, what?  

I heard today that unhappiness is linked to too many options that lack consequence or commitment.    Scripture calls that sloth, gluttony --maybe well dressed sloth.

I wondered to a friend if I should set up an accountability function, an artificially deadline to write study and produce focused work from my commitments.

Perhaps, as long as I do not become a passionate expert at what I have left undone.

How does one create commitment and consequence in the midst of so many options?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Roswell, GA
Loves to find the answers to three questions of a sound Bible study: what does it say, what does it mean, what difference does it make?