Monday, May 3, 2010

And whatever you do...

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.  Collisions 3:17

I am not prolific at memorizing scripture.   I have a collection of cards with meaningful scriptures and subscribe to a variety of verses and devotionals with memory prompts--yet the discipline of clear recollection is at present elusive.

Yet, this one I own.   JR (husband) encouraged me to hold on to this as I entered a season of insecurity and feeling resentment from a perceived lack of appreciation for service.  Really, looking back, I think I was whining and this stopped the screech. 

It "worked".  It is a regular reminder of the who, why and how I serve.  It encourages humility. It reminds me that my words or deeds in light of my opportunities to give more are too small.  It adds thanksgiving for the gift of service to my mental mix.

I wrap up another season of serving and enter a different one.  Thrilled that I can conclude much work free of any pettiness, I see the gift for what it is, and it is more than enough.

Doing in the name of the Lord Jesus is to work toward furthering his reputation, which really is a privilege.  JR's ears blessed with this posture too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Roswell, GA
Loves to find the answers to three questions of a sound Bible study: what does it say, what does it mean, what difference does it make?