Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sticky Reminders

I have an absurd affection for Post It Notes and a healthy affection for scripture.  I combine these delights and plant significant scripture passages on my adored Post It’s.   

It creates multiple visual reminders, which I need, featuring God’s word about what is really important and what is not.   On one prominently displayed sticky note is Colossians 3:17:  and whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”   

Why is that verse such a valuable reminder?  My gift is teaching, and while I love serving through that gift, I am often struck with some bout of intimidation or frustration. 

When I remember that my work, all of it is to be directed at, and reflected of Christ –then my focus shifts from my limits to my offering.  It’s like hitting the reset button, and I resume the blessing and gift of sharing what I learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Roswell, GA
Loves to find the answers to three questions of a sound Bible study: what does it say, what does it mean, what difference does it make?